I’ve been nominated for this award a few times. Early on I was too distracted by being a brand new blogger to participate. I wasn’t sure what it was or what it meant but it is always an honor to be nominated and I’m grateful to those who took the time to read my little known blog and nominate me in the past.
I was nominated this time by http://lovemylifeanyway.wordpress.com/2014/11/30/liebster-award/
There are a few rules for the award, just like any other award:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked of you by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to do the same.
4. Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts About Me:
I’m was born and raised in NY.
I live in Georgia now.
I have a brother, sister, step brother and step sister. I am the youngest of all of them.
I like cats but I love dogs – especially Old English Sheepdogs.
I’ve been married for 16 years and hope for many more years of wedded bliss.
Before sarcoidosis got the better of me, I was a health care administrator and ran a hospice company.
My favorite sports are tennis and ice hockey.
I love the sound of the ocean and walking on the beach.
I don’t talk about religion or politics.
I love creativity.
I love old people.
Answer 11 Questions Asked Of Me:
1. Why did you start blogging? To quiet a busy mind and share my journey with sarcoidosis with others who might find hope in my story.
2. What has surprised you most about blogging? How kind other bloggers have been to me. It’s a nice community of people to know.
3. If you could change one thing about your current life what would it be? I’m not sure I would change anything. Things happen for a reason, I suppose and my life, no matter the challenges is wonderful.
4. What is one special thing from your childhood that you treasure? All memories of my mother. I miss her terribly.
5. What do you do to take your mind off your troubles? I play tennis, take a walk, write and say the serenity prayer.
6. If you could live in any country in the world, where would you go and why? I love living in the US despite all its faults but I would live in Ireland. It’s beautiful there, the pace of life is slow and the people are absolutely wonderful.
7. If you had a time machine, what time period would you travel to and where? I prefer the here and now.
8. What is one of your favourite things to do and why? Spending time with my husband and the people I love because life is short and we never know when our time with them will end.
9. When you go to the shopping centre, what is your favourite shop to visit and just get absorbed in? My favorite clothing store is The Loft. But I like to go to into gift shops and look for interesting little knick knacks.
10. If you happened to be stranded on an island with just one small backpack, what would you absolutely have to have in it? A working cell phone so I could call someone to get me off the Island.
11. If you could have a super-power what would it be and why? Being able to read animals minds because it would be really cool to better understand what animals think.
Questions to My Nominees:
1. What is the most important thing to you in the world?
2. What are your three favorite animals and why?
3. What do you do for fun?
4. Who is the most important person in your life?
5. What makes you laugh?
6. Where is your most favorite place in the world and why?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. Do you sleep well at night?
9. What are the top three things on your bucket list?
10. What is your favorite number? Why?
11. How do you relax?