- It feels like someone lit a match in my lungs every time I breath.
- I have a very limited amount of energy so if it seems like I’m doing well when you see me, that’s because you are where I am putting that energy.
- Looking good does not always mean feeling good.
- I have lost confidence because my body and my brain no longer work properly.
- Having a chronic health condition is often very lonely because you suddenly spend a lot of time alone…trying to keep up can be too overwhelming.
- Travel is no longer comfortable. My world is shrinking and that scares me.
- It takes me a long time to physically recover from illness or injury.
- I despise being chronically ill.
- I often try to hide my pain because it makes me feel weak and helpless and I don’t want you to see or think of me that way.
- Having this disease is very hard but it is not the end of the world. I still love my life.