I love this recipe. I like to use more spice than it calls for…but that’s just me. It makes the kitchen smell sooooooooo good!
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 knob ginger, grated – or ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes – or chili powder
- 4 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 10 oz chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cups water
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 2 cups spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Add the chopped onions to the frying pan with the oil and cook for approximately four minutes until starting to soften. Add in the garlic, ginger and spices. Cook for a further minute until the spices are fragrant.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and mushrooms and cook for a minute, then add the water.
- Add the chickpeas and simmer for eight minutes, adding the spinach, salt, and pepper at the last minute to wilt down.