My friend Betty recently sent me a vegan cookie recipe. I decided to use dark chocolate chips instead of raisins (mostly because I didn’t happen to have any raisins at the time) but these were pretty good and relatively guilt free. So, if you’re not a vegan but you’re feeling brave, give them a try!
Here’s What You Need:
- 3 mashed bananas (ripe…really ripe)
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup raisins (I used dark chocolate chips – you could probably add walnuts or dried cranberries too if you wanted to)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon (I used 2 for more flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- peel and mash RIPE bananas (really ripe bananas are best)
- add all of the other ingredients as directed above
- Mix thoroughly
- On a cookie sheet (I sprayed it with cooking spray…don’t know that you need to but I did) spoon out balls of the mixture and flatten slightly (these don’t flatten on their own like regular cookies…they stay in the shape you bake them)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes
Now, I will say when I first made these, I didn’t like them that much. I thought they were really bland but for some reason by the next day, they were quite tasty. I think the bananas that I used were not ripe enough…thus my stressing the need for RIPE bananas….it’s where a lot of the flavor is going to come from.
It’s fun to eat guilt free cookies!